Monday 11 June 2012

Lets Talk: Lip balm!


Hey guys! As I said in my previous blog post I suffer from quite dry lips. I am forever trying out new lip balms to see what works best and what doesn't. In this post I am going to discuss what I think works and what doesn't - this is only my personal opinion though! I will start from my least favourite and work my way towards my favourite.
  1. Nivea Caregloss & Shine - When I purchased this product I assumed from reading the packaging that it would provide moisture for my lips as a lip balm does as well as looking glossy on my lips. Although this gave my lips a very glossy effect I didn't find that it provided any moisture for my lips as it claimed on the packaging. Sorry Nivea :(
  2. Vaseline Lip Therapy - I can't deny that I do absolutely love Vaseline and I always have to have a tin on the go. The reason its so low down in my list is because although it moisturises my lips it simply isn't my favourite! The moisture it provides doesn't seem to last as long as my top three choices!
  3. Burt's Bees - This is one of the first lip balms (apart from tins of Vaseline) that I have ever reached the bottom of. Some of my friends have told me they feel the Burt's Bees lip balm leaves a greasy feel on their lips that they don't like, but I don't find this at all! I find it really moisturising and the softness it creates on my lips lasts a long time too!
  4. Cherry Carmex - The first thing I love about this lip balm is the fact it has an SPF 15, I always remember to protect my face and body with SPF but never my lips, but when I have my Cherry Carmex on me there is no forgetting. I like the tingly sensation this gives my lips when I first apply it, and I like the smooth texture it leaves on my lips when it has sunk in. This is my second favourite lip balm!
  5. Blistex Intensive Moisturiser - I have nothing bad to say about this product! This product also has an SPF, it isn't as high as the SPF in the Cherry Carmex but nevertheless it still has an SPF 10. I apply this before I go to bed at night and when I wake up in the morning my lips are as soft as velvet, and the moisture seems to last all day. I only have to re-apply lip balm a couple of times a day - and that is not like me at all! This is definitely my number one lip product ever! If you have dry lips, buy this!!  

12 comments:

  1. hey girl thanks for checking out my blog! I followed back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like vaseline the best... i have loads of tins dotted all over the place! xxx

    http://www.unnakednails.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I am forever finding tins dotted around various rooms in my house! X

      Delete
  3. The vaseline and Carmex are my top 2! I have one of each in every handbag!

    Lovely post, thank you for sharing.

    Tanesha x
    www.tanesha-marie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely round-up!

    I get dry lips too and absolutely swear by the Palmers Cocoa-Butter Swivle Stick! Might be worth checking out! :)

    http://elle-barry.blogspot.co.uk/
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just noticed your following me on my other blog....would love if you could follow my beauty blog instead!
      http://elle-barry.blogspot.co.uk/

      Following you :)
      x

      Delete
    2. I shall definitely look out of that, I am forever looking for new lip balms to buy to see what works best! Thank you for reading and commenting :). X

      Delete
    3. Also, I have followed your beauty blog - thank you for pointing that out!!

      Delete
  5. I love Vaseline, I must have at least 10 tins, one in each of my bags and jackets aha!

    thebeautymist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is one of those things that always ends up dotted around the place! Haha

      xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting lovlies!xxx